This is the BEST guacamole recipe because it uses simple and fresh ingredients. Authentic guacamole is one of my favorite items at Mexican restaurants. Who knew it was so simple to make! My future daughter-in-law was a guac chef at a well known restaurant and taught me some tricks to make it the best!
I've made this guac recipe so many times and it always turns out great, even if I substitute ingredients. There's really no messing it up. It's the perfect blend of avocados, onion, tomatoes, and lime. If you're a cilantro person, add it, if not, feel free to skip! So grab these simple ingredients and let's get to making my favorite easy guacamole recipe!
- Avocados: the riper the better! You want the avocado to be easy to mash.
- Tomatoes: I prefer them chopped slightly smaller. I tend to use whatever tomatoes I have on hand, which are usually grape/cherry tomatoes or Roma tomatoes.
- Onion: you can use any onion, but my preference is green onions or a red onion.
- Lime: This is the secret ingredient to me. You could basically skip the tomatoes and onion, but without the lime, it's not guacamole. I LOVE limes for the fresh taste they give foods. Makes me think of being in a tropical place 🙂 I even zest the lime and add that to guacamole.
- Cilantro: This gives it a nice flavor, but the weird thing about cilantro-some people think it tastes like soap. So, if you're one of those folks, leave it out.
- Optional: I skip this, but if you want some heat, add in a jalopeno or other hot pepper.
- Spices: I add in some kosher or sea salt for the courser texture, plus a little cumin.
- That's all there is to it! See, so simple!
- Peel and mash your avocados.
- Chop tomatoes, onions, and cilantro and mix in.
- Juice lime and add to mixture.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Feel free to add in extras, such as chopped jalopenas, garlic, bacon.
- Dip in a chip and enjoy!
Is guacamole healthy?
Yes, it actually is! You would think because of the creaminess and yum that it can't be. But... avocados are healthy fats!
Avocados are made up of monounsaturated fats, and these are the ones we want! Monounsaturated fats or MUFAs, help prevent heart disease, lower bad cholesterol levels, help with weight loss, improve insulin resistance, and more. MUFAS are the fat recommended by dietitians for health.
But, fat still needs to be eaten in moderation! Fats have 9 calories per gram, compared to 7 calories per gram for carbs and protein. So moderation is the key! Even though it's going to be hard, don't eat the whole bowl of guac!Print
The easiest and best guacamole recipe! Guacamole contains healthy fats and veggies, plus is naturally keto, gluten-free, and vegan. Pin for later!
2 ripe avocados
½ red onion or 2 green onions
¼ bunch cilantro
1 tsp coarse salt
1 tsp ground cumin
- Peel and mash avocado.
- Chop tomatoes, onion, and cilantro and add to avocado.
- Juice lime and add to avocado mixture.
- Add salt and cumin.
- Stir and enjoy!
Best if eaten fresh.
The nutrition facts presented here are estimates only. The brands you use and product types chosen can change the nutrition information presented. To obtain the most accurate nutritional information, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients you use.
Keywords: best guacamole recipe, easy guacamole recipe, keto guacamole recipe, vegan guacamole, vegetarian guacamole