Loaded Mashed Red Potatoes are so yummy but easy and healthy. Made healthier with less fat than the traditional loaded potato recipes. Make in the instant pot or on the stovetop. Delish comfort food!
- 8-10 red potatoes
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 block low fat cream cheese
- 1 cup milk, skim, 1%, or 2%
- 1/2 packet real bacon bits
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Peel potatoes if desired.
- Cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Place in Instant Pot and cover with water.
- Pressure cook for 10 minutes.
- Quick release.
- Drain water.
- Add butter and cream cheese.
- Mash to gently melt the butter and cream cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix with a hand mixer to desired mashed consistency. Don't over mix!
- Add more milk if needed for desired consistency.
- Top with cheddar cheese, bacon bits, and green onions. Put top on pressure cooker to melt cheese or broil a few minutes to melt. Serve and enjoy!
Other types of potatoes may be used. Over mixing mashed potatoes can cause a gummy consistency.
The nutrition facts presented here are estimates only. The brands you use and product types chosen can change the nutritional information presented. To obtain the most accurate nutritional information, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients you use.
Keywords: Instant Pot red potatoes, loaded mashed potatoes, instant pot loaded potatoes, instant pot mashed potatoes, instant pot red potatoes mashed