Simple to make Healthy Breakfast Burritos that can be made ahead and frozen. Customize to your heart's content with your favorite add-ins. Great for those rushed days, just grab, microwave, and eat a hot, healthy breakfast in less than 2 minutes!
- 8 eggs
- 8 vegetarian sausage
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup veggies (options: spinach, kale, tomatoes, onions, peppers, mushrooms)
- 8 whole grain tortillas
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Optional: 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium heat.
- Cook the sausage until done, breaking up into crumbles.
- Remove sausage and set aside.
- Saute vegetables and add to sausage mixture.
- Scramble eggs and mix into sausage and veggie mixture.
- Add hot sauce and red pepper flakes.
- Remove all from heat. For better freezing, let cool slightly before wrapping.
- Lay out burritos.
- Spoon an 1/8 or egg mixture on each burrito.
- Top with 1/8 of cheese.
- Wrap burrito by folding bottom in, then fold over sides.
- Lay flat on a sheet pan and freeze. Transfer to freezer zipper bag.
- To reheat: Place one burrito on a paper towel in microwave. Microwave 1 minute. Flip and microwave additional minute or until heated through. Microwave ovens may vary.
Keywords: healthy breakfast burrito, healthy vegetarian burrito, breakfast burrito, freezer breakfast ideas, freezer burritos, freezer breakfast foods