Sheet pan dinners are all the rage due to easy recipes and fast cleanup time. Parmesan Crusted Fish is a perfect sheet pan meal. I've used tilapia and cod for this recipe and both are moist and delicious.
This 30 minute baked fish sheet pan meal is super easy and quick. I'm not so good at meal planning even though I'm a dietitian. I frequently come home at the last-minute and make a quick meal with no planning ahead. Here's how I make a meal in 30 minutes with no plan.
How to make a sheet pan meal:
The key when making a sheet pan meal is to know how long each food item takes to cook. You don't want fish to cook the entire time something like potatoes or carrots would cook or it would be dry.
To make this meal, there are two options. You could cook it on several baking sheets or in baking dishes. When making items all on one sheet pan, you need to decide if they all take the same time to bake. Since the potatoes and carrots take longer to cook, I put them on the pan first and bake for 10-15 minutes, then add the fish for an additional 15-20 minutes. Easy way to do a one dish meal.
On this sheet pan meal I used potatoes and carrots for the sides, but you could use any vegetable such as zucchini, broccoli, or cauliflower. That's the beauty of sheet pan meals! Use what you have!Print
Sheet pan dinners and one pan meals are so easy and cleanup is a breeze. This Parmesan Crusted Cod or Tilapia dinner is healthy yet moist and delicious.
- 5-6 red potatoes, diced into ½ inch pieces
- 4-6 carrots, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- ½ tsp dill
- ½ tsp garlic blend spice
- 4 pieces cod or tilapia fillets
- ¼ cup dijon mustard
- ½ cup crushed corn flakes
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Toss carrots and potatoes in 1 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle dill on carrots.
- Sprinkle garlic blend spice on potatoes.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- While vegetables are baking, brush fish with 1 Tbsp. olive oil and dijon mustard.
- Top with crushed corn flakes and shredded cheese.
- Add to baking sheet with potatoes and carrots after they have baked 15 minutes.
- Bake an additional 15 minutes or until fish flakes.
Keywords: parmesan crusted cod, Parmesan crusted tilapia, fish sheet pan dinner, tilapia sheet pan dinner, baked cod recipes, baked tilapia recipes.